What a lucky deer…

We got up at a reasonable hour, for us, and took the usual walk around the park. This followed a very stormy night with fierce winds, a lot of lightning and heavy rain. The lightning, although very bright and very frequent, was not followed by the usual clap of thunder. In fact, I never heard any thunder throughout the storm which lasted quite a while. I believe it is called sheet lightning and maybe it does not cause the same reaction that regular lightning does. 

I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep ignoring the wind rocking Mr. George knowing that it was not strong enough to blow it over. As we walked, I looked for damage but as far as I could see, there was none. The rain was very welcome as we have not had any in a long time and Nature’s new growth could surely use it. 

Following the walk and the usual breakfast for us all, I settled down to the usual routine of emails and writing. I suppose that it is a good thing that very few emails are important enough to warrant spending anytime on them and I try to stop as many as I can. Some though, have a mind of their own and keep re-appearing. Wish I had that many lives… 

I decided it was time to do the laundry, again…and wandered over with my bag of clothes and at the same time, took over the trash container to empty into the Trash bins located close to the Laundry Room. Luckily for me, there were a couple of machines open, and I placed my laundry into them. I chatted to another camper who had some wonderful tales about his trips up North and even into Canada. I had forgotten my phone but had remembered to bring the quarters that I have left over from a previous wash so with the wash underway, I headed back to Mr. George to await its completion. I busied myself with a few chores while I was waiting for the wash cycle to complete before wandering back over to the Laundry Room. This time, Jeanette, the blonde camper with the little dog that we meet out walking on a regular basis, was there and we chatted for a bit as we both did our laundry thing. She told me that she has a washer/dryer in her RV and only uses the parks units for things that she cannot fit. 

With the laundry finished, folded, and safely put away for another couple of weeks, it was time to go out walking around the park for the last walk of the day. We met a couple of other dogs with the usual noisy greeting before returning to Mr. George for the evening. 

Written 04/11/2022. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com