We got up early, a little after 6:30 am as we had that 10:00 am appointment with the RV Shop. I wanted to allow an hour for the drive which I considered would be sufficient which meant leaving here around 9:00 am. Needless to say, the best laid plans and all that resulted in leaving at almost 9:15 am. Still, we made good time, and the journey was uneventful until the very last turn, and I took the wrong road and added a couple of miles to the journey by circling around. Very frustrating to pass your destination and can’t get to it because it is on a different road. The thing is that with an RV, you cannot just change your mind and drive any old were. You must have a plan. 

I finally arrived and we got the business taken care of in about 30 minutes. I carefully turned the RV around and we headed back to the RV Park. The drive back was uneventful, and we made good time (didn’t I say that already?) and pulled into our site. While I was setting up, another RV pulled into the site next door. While I was out re-connecting everything and putting the outside area back in place, the camp manager stopped by and asked me to move my car out of the spot I had left it while we were in town as it was in a new not yet arrived, campers’ space.  While she was there, I mentioned my run in with the dogs and she tut tutted and made a beeline for their camp. I moved the Jeep to where it is out of the way only for it to die completely after I parked it. Nothing worked, no instruments, no lights, no nothing. The Jeep was completely dead. It looks like I will need to make some calls. 

I eventually finished the set up as it is easy if you have a system, and we took a short walk just so the dogs could stretch their little legs. Mine too, I guess as I can always use the exercise, before heading back inside where it was a lot cooler. The humidity was high making for it to be sticky outdoors.  

Back inside, I put the pork tenderloins (for me) and chicken drumstick meat (for the dogs) on the indoor grill, and everything cooked while I continued writing and catching up. Multi-tasking at its best. I wrote until the meat was cooked and then we went out for the final walk of the day making sure to stay away from the area those other dogs are in so as not to get them started or the owner in trouble.

The rest of the day ended in the usual fashion. 

Written 07/30/2022. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com