Quatro in his new home.

Travel day and I got up a little after 6:30 am eager and ready to move on. We went out for an early walk and wandered around saying goodbye to the ducks who always greeted us when we walked by. Cheerful little buggers… 

Back in Quatro, I fixed a quick breakfast and made instant coffee in lieu of regular brewed stuff as the coffee maker was already on the shower floor ready for the next journey along with the toaster, the indoor grill, and the bathroom scales. All the other moveable stuff has special places and was safely put away. Incidentally, I have found another use besides that as trash bags for the many plastic shopping bags that I collected every time I go to Walmart’s. I stuff several of them together into one bag and then place them into cupboards and other places to stop the contents from moving around when we travel. They work out fine to prevent things from moving around.

Satisfied that everything was stored away, I let in both slides and then disconnected the power cable, after raising the jacks, and we were ready to roll. I had to do a bit of maneuvering to get on the proper highway as there were a couple close to us and finally, we were rolling along. Only once did a car pull out in front of us, which happens on the Interstate sometimes with drivers not paying attention. Some drivers just do not understand that like a semi-truck, Quatro cannot stop on a dime. 

The trip was almost 200 miles but because the biggest percentage was Interstate driving, we made good time travelling around 70 mph most of the way. It took about 20 minutes to get to the park once we got off the Interstate and we finally pulled in. There was not an office that I could see, and I drove around searching for my allotted site, the number of which I already knew. I asked another camper and he pointed to the one right next door to him, and I maneuvered the RV into it after disconnecting the Jeep. I need supplies and would have disconnected the Jeep anyway.  

He came back after a couple of minutes and said that he got it wrong, and I needed to move to the other side of his rig which was parked on site 22. My site is 23 and the first one he directed me to was 21. No big deal and I quickly moved Quatro over a couple of parking spots and set up. It required blocking under the front wheels, but we were set in no time flat including hooking up the utilities. The Jeep is parked right alongside us. 

After the cool and wet weather of the last couple of weeks, it was remarkably hot in the Texas sun, and I had to lower the shades and use the big fan directed at the front windows to distribute the A/C that I had also turned on. I thought we were all through with having to cool things with A/C’s and fans for this year but then, what do I know… 

I sat and wrote for a while, catching up with the blog and then posted the episodes from the last campsite. Sandy was giving me “The Look” and we harnessed up and went for a stroll around the park. Somehow, we managed to cover 1.9 miles for the day. It did not seem like we had covered that much ground and it is amazing how lots of collective steps can add up. There was a chill in the air as the sun was setting and I had to get the heaters plugged in for the evening. Only in Texas, A/C during the day and heaters at night. 

Written 11/27/2022. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com 

Camp Caravan RV Park, Lorena, TX Day 2, Monday 11/28/2022

This is a home made RV. I wonder what the inside is like.

This getting up early thing is getting into a habit. Maybe, it is a good one as the days are much shorter as we head into winter. Our first thing, as it always is, is to go out for that morning walk which Sandy really looks forward to. Mikey, not so much but he is not going to get left behind otherwise, Sandy would have me all to herself. We wandered around and even visited the Dog Park which is only half successful. Sandy wanders around and sniffs at everything. Mikey stands by my side or if I am sitting on the bench, jumps up to sit with me the entire time we are there. 

Back in Quatro, following the usual breakfast and coffee, I sat in front of the computer and tried to check out first the morning news and then emails. For the first time in I do not know how long, my ATT service was not good, and I had to switch to the camp site’s service which proved to be more than adequate. 

After a quick glance through the emails and not finding anything of interest, I grabbed my grocery list and told the dogs I would be back later, jumped in the Jeep and headed to the nearest Walmart’s. The store was only 3 miles away and was one of the big ones, a Super Center as Walmart calls them, and I spent the next hour just wandering around. As they are all laid out pretty much the same, I found about everything I needed plus a couple of extra things. 

It was my lucky day as a Starbucks was just down the road and I got my usual Latte before heading back to the RV where I was greeted by my excited little dogs. They helped me to unload the groceries and then put things away before we harnessed up for another stroll around the park. There are quite a few permanent residents here as is my next-door neighbor. I had stopped to ask him if my TV was too loud, and he assured me that he does not get home until after 11:00 pm in the evenings and by then is beat that he hears nothing. 

We also met another camper who had four little King Charles Spaniel dogs. Three were on a leash and she was carrying the other one. I stopped and chatted to her for a bit before she moved on. 

Back in Quatro, the A/C was going full blast along with the big fan directed at the front windows and the RV was nice and cool. Only in Texas. I sat and caught up with the blog and then worked on a few pictures. 

We headed out the door for the last walk of the day and just wandered around the park. Altogether, I covered 2.5 miles for the day with the trip to Walmart’s helping a lot. It was getting dark when we returned and spent the rest of the evening in the usual fashion. Incidentally, as soon as the sun went down, I had to put the electric heaters on to keep the place warm.

Written 11/28/2022. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com