A rainy day in Henly. The washroom is in the building on the right.

It was 9:00 am before I even woke up probably because I binge watched TV last evening until the early hours of the morning. Good job, I do not have a wife or maybe that is the reason why I don’t. I took a quick shower and this time the water was hot, just as it should be. 

The first order of business was a walk to the dumpster and then to wander around. I forgot my phone… again but we probably covered around a half mile before returning to the RV. I decided to do a load of laundry and as the Laundry Room is only about 50 yards away, I walked over with the heavy laundry bag over my shoulder. The place was busy as it usually is but there were a couple of washing machines available, but they were near the door.  

They have a system known as Gpay that allows payment to be made on your phone. It also tracks the time of your laundry, so I know when to go back. From my time here before, I knew by experience that the system works best on machines close to the window and not so well on those close to the door. I managed to get one wash load on the program, but it would not work on the second machine. 

The first machine that was on the App, told me it was finished, and I walked over to put the laundry in the dryer. I had to wait 5 minutes for the other machine to stop before transferring all those clothes into the same dryer. Again, I could not get the App to work and had to resort to the good old-fashioned method of putting in quarters. Then it was back to the RV for an hour until it was ready to pick up. 

Instead of folding the laundry in the washroom as I usually do, I chose to bundle it all into the laundry bag and then fold it back in the RV. With laundry done for a week or so, I turned my attention to a couple of other house type chores before settling down in front of the computer to play catch up with the blog. One of the problems with moving back to a site to use as a home base is that many of the pictures that I take, and use will be duplicates of the earlier ones only taken at a different time of the year. 

I finished off a poem that I had been working on, again about my two little dogs who seem to get all the attention in this house. Is there something wrong with this picture?… Not really as they give me all their love and affection as dogs do and deserve recognition. 

It is one of those gloomy and miserable days with a slight drizzle and a good day to stay indoors in the warm, but we did harness up and go out for a walk around the park. So far, we have walked twice and both times I left my phone behind. Not a good idea just in case something happens, and I need help. Not only that, but I also do not know what the day’s mileage is except by guessing. 

Back in Quatro, I went through the enormous pile of mail that I had picked up a couple of days ago. Most was junk and trash but there were a couple of items that needed my attention. With that out of the way and with nothing else of major importance, I decided to watch the World Cup for a while. 

I am sure that somewhere out there, there is a TV station that shows the World Cup games in English, but I cannot find one. Those I watch are in Spanish, a language that I tried to learn with little success, back in the day. So now I watch with the sound turned down. It seems that the Spanish Commentators feel they must fill every second with the sound of their voices without a second pause in between words. That and not understanding what they are saying, makes for very frustrating watching, made even worse when the team I am supporting is losing. 

We went to bed early to make up for going to bed so late last evening or should I say, morning, after the usual food all around. 

Written 12/05/2022. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com