Out and about bright and early, well, for us that is, just wandering around the park. We walked the outside lane part of Henly Loop and managed to see a couple of zebras in the distance in the field next to the park. Have not seen them in a while probably because there is not much grass for them to eat. 

We ran into Roxy and his mistress and chatted for a bit before heading back to Quatro. I noticed that the laundry room appeared empty as we walked by because I could not hear any of the machines running and decided to take a chance on doing a load. True enough, I had the place to myself and chose the washer next to the window in the hope that the App would work. 

Luckily for me, it did, and I started the wash. I prepared breakfast of a bacon sandwich, the sort that Mikey likes so much and sat down in front of the computer. I was so engrossed in what I was doing that I forgot I had a load of laundry in the machine and when I remembered, had to make a quick dash across the road. What reminded me was watching a truck pull into the laundry parking space. 

I put all my clothes into the dryer nearest the window and again, got lucky as the App worked perfectly. I chatted to another gentleman in there doing his washing and then walked back to Quatro to write some more as I waited for the dryer to do its thing. When the App is working, it lets me know when the wash is done. Sweet. 

I walked back over for the last time this trip and folded all the laundry and then made my way back to Quatro. Mikey helped to put the laundry away in its respective drawers, but Sandy decided that she was not in a helping mood and found her basket and went back to sleep.  

With the laundry done for another couple of weeks, I went back to writing in the blog. My next appointments are on Monday to the Dentist for some fillings and a week later, a couple of extractions, or maybe it is the other way around. Then on Tuesday, back to the Optometrists to get new glasses. As both are in Austin, it will give me the opportunity to go to Walmart’s and stock up on groceries at least on one of the trips. 

I turned the inside of the RV upside down in an effort to find either the missing glasses or the camera holder with no luck at all. At the same time, I did some housecleaning and trashed a bunch of papers that are no longer relevant. I did manage to find one of my older pairs of wire rimmed glasses and they even worked well as I was able to read and write with no trouble at all. Must be close to the new prescription and instead of spending money on new frames, I just might exchange the lenses in these for new ones. Save a whole bunch of money.  

We went out for another walk, this time walking down the hill to the end and back. We made a fuss of the big friendly hound dog on the other side of the fence in one of the properties. Funny, Sandy is not too interested in this guy as she briefly touches noses and then moves on. 

Back at the RV, I was filling the bird feeders and Daniel stopped by to chat and make a fuss of the dogs. He is an interesting guy and has some great stories, all told with his deep Texas drawl which only makes them even more interesting. He tells me that there are a couple of deer that he sees in the morning, laying by the tree under the feeders. No wonder they empty so quickly. Free breakfast. 

He went on his way, and we went inside as it had chilled off considerably. I was glad to put the electric heater on to warm the place up as we caught up on the writing. 

The rest of the evening was spent in the usual way. 

Written January 13, 2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com