I awoke early and seriously thought about getting up but dropped back off to sleep before I could do so. So much for all my good intentions. It was a bit cooler, and we wandered around for three quarters of a mile before returning for breakfast and the all-important, coffee. 

Mikey has taken all the pills that were in his bottle, as has Sandy with one of hers. She still has the big pill taken twice a day for her heart which she will be on for the rest of her life. Needless to say, after I folded the pill inside one of the new disguise chewie’s, I had bought yesterday, she just sniffed it and walked back to where she was sleeping, totally ignoring my offering. Big sigh. Back to the drawing board. 

I had made myself a bacon sandwich for breakfast and she very eagerly helped me eat that although she only ate the good stuff and left the bread part. Maybe, I need to wrap the pill in bacon. 

I settled down to write just to stay up to date although nothing much has happened so far. We have nothing planned for today except to stay cool. I wrote for a bit and then took the dogs out. It was bloody hot outside and Miss Sandy was obviously struggling with the heat. Any patch of shade and she lay down under it. Taking the hint, we walked back to the RV and then spent the next couple of hours sitting around in the cool listening to an Audiobook. 

I even closed my eyes for a bit but did not go to sleep. It was nice and peaceful though. Later on, we went out for that final walk although it was not very much cooler, finally heading back to The Caboose for the usual evening meal and a glass of wine. 

Written 06/24/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com  

An Old Man and an RV. Henly RV Park,TX. Monday 06/26/2023

Texas has it’s own beauty…

I got up at a reasonable hour for us and took the first walk of the day. Even early, it was hot and humid in the shade. We wandered around and covered almost a half mile. 

I tried again to give Sandy her medicine wrapped in one of those chews that I bought but she ignored it, and I spent the rest of the morning keeping it out of Mikey’s mouth. 

I had received a response to my claim to 24 Hour Petwatch that I have for both Mikey and Sandy asking for more information, which I found and sent on hoping that it was sufficient. 

I put in a load of laundry and then forgot about it as it did it’s wash thing. 

There was a knock on the door and Malinda wanted to know if I was “ready to go”? She had told me yesterday that we needed to go and register my RV. First, she wanted to use my computer to download the necessary paperwork from my end. She was surprised that I had a printer, and we ran off all the necessary documents.  

I jumped in her truck, and we drove into town to the Sheriff’s Office. Of course, we had to hang around awaiting our turn. The first time up at the Window after our name was called, the Clerk went through the reams of paper that Malinda gave her before telling us we needed this and that and to come back after we got what she needed. 

We left the Tax Office and returned to both mine and Malinda’s RV to rectify the missing paperwork before heading back to the Tax Office. After awaiting our turn, we had a different Clerk this time and she breezed through all the corrections before handing everything back. I handed over a check for almost $1000.00 and we were all legal for another year although, this time, we are talking about The Caboose. 

Back at the RV, I thanked Malinda profusely for all her help and we went our separate ways. Mine consisted of making a beeline to the A/C as did Malinda but her day is not done, far from it as when I was with her, she had received at least four different calls for RV’s looking to find a site. I put the washing machine on the dry mode and turned to do other things. 

I settled down to play catch up with the blog, thankful, that now, The Caboose is officially mine and I have a title to prove it. I took the dogs out for a short walk, but it was very hot outside, and I could tell that Sandy was uncomfortable as was I, so we headed back to the RV. 

The rest of the day was spent indoors lazing around. We went out for the final walk of the day and then sat outside for a bit listening to an Audiobook before going back inside for the usual food and evening’s entertainment. 

Written 06/26/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com