I wonder what the Mama Deer is saying to her baby. Notice there are four young fawns with her. I have no idea if they are all hers or whether it is her turn to Fawn Sit.

I was awake before the alarm although I did not get up until it went off, crawling out for the usual morning ablutions. We went out at once and as usual, the first job was the bird feeders. With them re-hung again, we went out walking with the first stop, the dumpster. 

From there, I backtracked to the Breakroom where Gary was sitting outside. He had a cup of coffee waiting for me for which I was very grateful. We sat a while and then Daniel arrived and added to the conversation. A while later, we were joined by Malinda along with Remington on her leash. 

We sat chatting for about 30 minutes and then Gary left for places unknown. I had earlier mentioned to Daniel that I needed to flush the tanks out on The Caboose as it smelled of sewage when the toilet was flushed. After Gary left, Daniel and Malinda came over to the RV and went back to where the sewage outlets were located and spent the next 30 minutes flushing pipes until the tanks were running clear. 

I watched him carefully as next time; I need to do it myself as Daniel suggested it should be flushed every couple of weeks. I thanked him and Malinda for their help and they went about their business. 

I went back inside and found something to eat and made do with grapefruit juice instead of coffee before settling down in front of the computer to read the World news and then work on the blog. I usually spend a couple of hours every day working on this as I try to keep up with events. My life is such that anything different than the usual run of the mill things gets mentioned in the blog. 

Another problem is that my memory recall is getting pretty bad, and I find it easier to write about things just after they happen rather than the next day or so. Most of my days are the same and it has to be something special or unusual to make any changes. I could probably write tomorrows entry, today and it would not be far off. 

We took another walk round the camp grounds running into Greg who was walking Olive, his little Boston terrier. Olive, as usual, was carrying a big stick that was at least twice as big as she was. She is such a funny little dog. 

Back at The Caboose, we sat outside listening to an Audiobook until it was time for one more walk. This time, Sandy walked us around the first loop of the park and then back home where she plonked herself down as though to say,” That’s it. I have had enough”. 

I had an invite over to Malinda and Daniels RV to chat and drink a couple of beers. Peggy and BJ were already there, and we spent a pleasant couple of hours shooting the breeze. We got to hear a lot of funny and interesting stories from everyone. Except me that is, as compared to them, mine has been a very ordinary and dull existence. 

When we got back to the RV, we sat outside again listening to the Audiobook before it was time to bring in the bird feeders and shut the door on the outside world. 

The rest of the evening was spent in the usual fashion. 

Written 07/03/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com  

An Old Man and an RV. Henly RV Park,TX. Tuesday 07/04/2023
Independance Day

The sheep next door.

Today is July 4th, Independence Day here in the US. Being a Naturalized citizen but born in the old country, England, it is a day of mixed emotions. If the settlers had not claimed their independence from the Mother Country, I wonder just how much the course of history might have changed? 

The first order of the day after getting up at 7:00 am, was the walkabout with the dogs. Our first task was to bring out the bird feeders as I normally do before heading to the dumpster with the most recent offerings of trash and then to the breakroom where Daniel and Gary were already sitting and drinking coffee. By the time we got there, Daniel had made my coffee and it was thrust into my hands. That and a chair to sit on. 

Both dogs got a whole bunch of attention, and it wasn’t long before we were joined by Peggy who had Remington with her. Luckily, all three dogs get along just fine. Then Malinda came over and before Peggy left, there was a big discussion about the get-together for that evening. The Park is under a burn ban so there will not be any fireworks. 

We shot the breeze for a while solving at least half of the World’s problems and then we went about our own business. In my case, it was back to the RV to work on the blog and attend to a couple of chores. I fed the dogs breakfast to get Sandy to take her medicine with, I might add, no cooperation from her. Stubborn little bitch… 

I warmed up a burrito to munch on as I needed something in my stomach besides the coffee and hoped that the tiny tasters, she got from my burrito would get her to eat her own food but no such luck. 

We sat around and I did a lot of nothing catching up with the blog and looking for other things to either do or write about. When I get bored, I usually resort to taking it out on the dogs by making them go walking with me, not that they mind too much. 

Back in the RV following the walk, I was just sitting around when I got a text from Peggy telling me to come over to Daniels RV. I knew we had plans for a get together but thought it was for later in the evening. 

I wandered over and besides Daniel and Malinda and the girls, Gary was there along with Jeff and his wife. We sat around and I nursed a beer as the evening progressed.  

Daniel was working his barbecue magic and the aroma of cooking meat filled the air. There were a lot of funny and interesting stories, some of them almost confessions of long ago deeds. Soon, everyone was relaxed as the beer and wine flowed. Incidentally, Malinda was making Margueritas, but I refused the offer of one and stuck with the beer as did all of the men. 

When it was time to eat, we filled our plates and found any flat surface that would do to rest the plates on as we consumed the food. We ate so much that nobody had room for the peach cobbler desert. 

We sat and shot the breeze until the girls said they had to leave. Jeff and his wife had already left so I took that as my cue to go back to The Caboose to be greeted by my little friends. I harnessed them up and we went out for the final walk of the day. 

The rest of the evening was spent in the usual fashion. 

Written 07/04/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com