I got up because the alarm was telling me to and took a shower. Feeling like a new man, sort of, we went out for that first walk of the day although, a lot depends on who is over at the Breakroom.

If some of my friends are there, then the walk is interrupted to drink coffee and chat. If no one is there, then we just carry on walking and the coffee comes later in The Caboose. Either way, there is always coffee to get me started. 

Today, both Daniel and Malinda were there although they got up to go to work as I arrived, and both of “the girls” plus Gary. The same as yesterday’s swim team. We sat and chatted and drank coffee for a while before I got up to take the dogs walking.

We stopped at Larry and Crystal’s and made a fuss of their dog before moving on. Sandy likes stopping to visit as she always gets a tasty treat. We wandered around and walked down the hill to the bottom. There was a lot of shade plus a strong, cool breeze making it very pleasant walking indeed. 

When I got back, I got out the bird feeders and rehung them. The birds have plenty to eat with all the dropped seed so even if I am a bit late in rehanging the feeders, the birds do not go without. Besides, they need to help clean up their mess… 

I fixed the usual breakfast and coffee and did my best in disguising Sandy’s medicine and then settled down to write the blog. I had the usual trouble in recalling what we got up to yesterday but eventually had something written down.

That’s the beauty of writing your own blog, if you don’t like something or like me, cannot remember, then I can write anything I want as no one else knows if it is fact or fiction. To be fair though, I try to write only the truth or close to it. 

I finished and posted yesterday’s blog and looked around for other things to get up to. I was desperate enough that I even cleaned and dusted the RV and put things away. Probably won’t be able to find anything now. 

I decided to go into town to HEB and stock up on groceries and buy beer for the group. I can’t cook or barbecue worth a darn so my contribution to our get togethers is BEER. I walked around the store covering every aisle even though I did not need anything from several of them. My way of exercising. I even stopped at Starbucks on the way home for an iced Latte. 

Back in the RV, I got the usual help from the dogs in putting the groceries away although help is not really the right word as all they do is stick their noses in every bag to smell what is in it. 

We went out for the afternoon walk and just wandered around. It was hot out and I tried to find as much shade as possible for both me and the dogs. We got back and sat half in and half out of the RV. I have learned that it is cooler doing this as I get the benefit of the A/C as it escapes through the door. 

We sat listening to an Audiobook and drinking a beer for an hour or so before bringing in the bird feeders as the day came to an end.  

Written 08/02/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com

An Old Man and an RV. Henly RV Park,TX. Thursday 08/03/2023

The deer eating the seed
I made the mistake of watching a World Cup game on the television and it was almost 2:00 am before I crawled into bed. Consequently, when the alarm went off this morning, I switched it off, uttered a couple of curse words and rolled over and went back to sleep.

I awoke around 9:00 am and crawled out very much aware that the broken sleep and the late night or early morning, whichever way you look at it, was not worth it. I must remind myself to go to bed at a reasonable hour in the future.  

I was way too late for coffee and the usual morning get together as my friends had already dispersed and were going about their normal business. I was the oddball. I hung the bird feeders and did a little rearranging with a couple of them onto the other pole thinking that the first pole was a little overcrowded.

With the feeders out for one more day, we wandered around the park and out onto the bottom road, but we were alone in our walks not crossing paths with any of our doggy friends. Sandy knew they had been there as both her and Mikey used their noses to explore all the exciting new smells. I did not join them as somehow, other dog smells did not interest me… 

Back in the RV, I fixed coffee and a bacon sandwich for me along with the usual attempt to get Sandy to eat her medication disguised in meat and such. She is one stubborn little girl and hard to fool.  

Then it was time to read the daily news and work on the blog as I desperately wracked my brain trying to remember what of any significance happened yesterday. I found things to work on that I had been putting off for one reason or another and spent time straightening out the fridge.

With nothing else to do, we went out for another walk although it was extremely hot and uncomfortable outside and we did not stay out long. Back in the RV, I listened to an Audiobook as the evening began to draw in.

I happened to look out of the window and there was a deer eating the bird seed. I took a couple of pictures and then opened the door to shoo it away. It was very reluctant to leave and only ran off 50 yards or so before turning around and giving me “the look” for interrupting its meal. I took that as a cue to bring in the feeders for the day. 

The rest of the evening was spent in the usual fashion with food for me and the dogs and then watching a Women’s World Cup soccer match. This time, I only watched one game and got to bed at 11:30 pm. 

Written 08/03/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com