Flowers around the pond

Today is Sunday and our last day at this very nice resort. It was an interesting night as I was so cold I had to turn on the heat. I don’t know how low the temperature dropped but cold enough that it was easier to turn on the heat rather than try to find another blanket especially in my sleep befuddled state. I managed to fall back off to sleep but I didn’t wake up until 10:30 am probably the latest so far. When I checked this morning, the thermometer had gone down to the mid fifties. At least I know what to do before I go to sleep tonight.

The walk around the park was uneventful although with the late start, I swear I saw the dogs crossing their legs, holding their belly and jumping up and down with an urgent look at me as it to say, “We gotta go , Dad”. They held on long enough to get out of the door…just. We were the only people out and about so the walk was uneventful. Our time in the dog run was a little more rewarding as Mikey left my side a few times to explore albeit not too far and quickly returned. Not sure if he thinks he needs to protect me or is just a scaredy cat and needs me to protect him. We walked around the park just to check everything out but it was all to Sandy’s satisfaction and passed her inspection.

With nothing to look at outside, we returned to Miss Daisy for a leisurely breakfast and then to write in this blog. After catching up on current events, I decided that I should load out the wicker sofa and table and the few other things that are carried in the Jeep carryall. I’ve got this down to a fine art and everything went smoothly. I really need to try to do something with the Shepherds Crook and get it to where it folds in half as it is a little long in the Jeep. It fits, sort of, but if I stopped suddenly I am not sure where it may end up. Something else to work on maybe at the next stop and if there is a hardware store close by.

We went for another walk as we had nothing else that was pressing and there were a couple of other neighbors doing the same thing. We all try to steer clear of each other to avoid any confrontations and possible dog fights. I try to get in at least a mile a day with the walking and if I happen to go to the store, it is even more than that. Gotta work on my fitness somehow if only the cardio. While out there, I took a few pictures of the flowers blooming around the pond.

We spent the rest of the day just lazing around enjoying our last few hours at this park followed by our usual evening meal and because it is the weekend, watching the English Premier League, before retiring for the night.

Written 10/17/2021 – Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com