We had a busy day ahead of us, so our walk was enough for the dogs to stretch their legs followed by a quick breakfast and that all important coffee for me. It was going to be a long and arduous process of transferring the stuff stored in the outside pile of boxes. I knew that the mattress in the new RV was a King Size and I figured I could make more room to walk around the bed if I changed it to a short Queen and had gone ahead and ordered one on Prime. It was delivered today but first I had to find someplace that would take the old one. I was talking to Melinda, the Park Super and she thought that her son might like it which turned out to be what happened. With a home found for the old mattress, I continued with the unpacking and storing of the stuff out of the boxes. I swear that over the couple of nights is had been outside, the number of boxes had doubled as had the amount of the contents. The new Mattress was delivered late that afternoon and Daniel, brought it over to me. We were not ready to open it as we had to move the old one which was not going to happen until the next day. It was a long, slow, and arduous process moving stuff and I was a very tired old man at the end of the day. 

We still went out walking as the dogs needed to stretch their legs before retiring to Mr. George for a well-earned rest. 

Written 02/21/2022 Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com 

Henly RV Park Day 17 February


The day started off in the usual fashion of walks and breakfast before returning to the job of transferring stuff. Daniel and a work friend stopped by and between them, took out the king size mattress and very thoughtfully, installed the new queen size for me. It is made of foam material, and it expanded before our very eyes to become full size. Miracles of modern technology. Melinda, who had come along to help suggested that I might want to trim the plywood decking on both sides for even more leg room, something I will do later down the road. At least now, I can get around the bed to make it.

With the bed shipshape, I was able to concentrate on moving the remaining packing boxes that were still left under the covers outside. Melinda had asked that I clean it up as they were expecting a full house of RV ‘s for the weekend and it was important that it did not look trashy especially as I am located close by the entrance. That put me under even more pressure to get everything cleaned up. Even with the massive slide out under the floor in Mr. George, I was having trouble in finding storage room. Somehow in the process, I managed to mislay two sets of keys, one for the RV and one for the Jeep and so far, have not located them. 

Written 02/21/2022 Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com