Mr. George at Site #4

We started the day in the usual fashion with walks and then breakfast. The dogs are used to the routine and Sandy does not even get off the bed until I am out of the shower and usually dried off. Mikey is a little more impatient and gets up when I do to demand attention before heading over to the front window to survey his domain and bark at anything or anyone especially of the four-legged variety, that passes by. 

Following breakfast, I settled down in front of the computer as I usually do every day wasting my time checking emails and such before, I decided that I needed to go into Austin to pick up my mail. I knew there was really nothing demanding my immediate attention based on the scans they send me. On the way back, I first stopped at Walmart’s to buy food and wandered over to the RV Section but could not really see anything that I needed, before heading to the checkout counter. With the groceries safely stowed away in the car, I went across the street to the Home Depot to try to locate the file that I needed to work on the door and was able to find something I think will work. There is not enough room to use a diamond or flat file and I needed one that would fit in my drill. Now to try it out and see if it does the trick. 

Back at Mr. George, I put the groceries away with a lot of help from my two little friends and as a reward, took them out walking around the park. We did not go very far as it had warmed up considerably and Sandy does not seem to do well in the heat before returning to the RV. I spent the rest of the day working on the blog and generally just fiddling around doing a lot of nothing. 

I went out to chat with my next-door neighbor, Delores, who has recently got herself a little Beagle dog who is noisier than Mikey. He is a friendly little chap when they are outside. She had borrowed a blower from her brother and was busy working on cleaning up the live oak leaves outside of her RV, bagging up them up and generally making her place look more presentable. Delores is a permanent resident and has a fixed set of steps on her RV that she had built last year and is very pleasant to talk to. 

Later, we went out for the third walk of the day much to the dog’s delight although we did not really travel any distance. With Sandy leading the way, we tend to wander in circles and backtrack a lot. All those wonderful smells gotta be checked out not counting the endless number of pees to mark each one. Me and Mikey kind of follow along behind although, every now and then, Mikey smells something that interests him, so he adds his mark to Sandy’s. Not sure it is a competition, and if it is, Sandy wins all four feet down. 

The rest of the evening was spent in the usual way, watching an EPL game and marveling at the dexterity and skills of those players before retiring early. For some reason, I was more tired than usual and was nodding off to sleep while watching the game. Long gone are the all-nighters when I only needed a couple of hours of sleep and was as good as ever the next day and ready to do it all over again. 

Written 04/12/2022. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com