Some of the ornaments

I slept well and woke up at 9:00 am feeling very refreshed. and we went out and walked around the park. A couple of cars passed us, and we waved our “Good Morning” greetings but other than that, it was quiet. We returned to Quatro for breakfast and then, I settled down in front of the computer to do the usual thing, trash emails, answer a couple and then write the blog. 

I turned my attention to the Jeep as currently, it is in somebody’s AAA parking yard because apparently, the place I wanted it to go for repairs is full and they are not taking new customers. Wish I had known that from the start. My insurance agent for the Good Sam insurance company called me to pass along what I needed to do in order to get the Jeep to where it needs to go. I spent the next 2 hours on the phone getting either answering machines or automated messaging before finally reaching a real live person who was more than helpful. Oh, I forgot to mention that I did get one other live person who redirected me to my original starting place. Back to square one and so frustrating. 
I got a couple of calls from the tow truck driver who was heading to where the Jeep was located but nothing since then. I do know that they are not able to start work on the Jeep until the 13th of the month and by then, we will be in Fayetteville at our next camp spot. All I need is for the Jeep to run so it is useable and towable. We can worry about the aesthetic repairs later. I was so frustrated that I grabbed one of my tiny bottles of white wine and consumed it in no time flat. The bottles only hold 9.5 fluid ounces, not much more than a couple of mouthfuls so no big deal drinking so early… 

We went out for a walk around the park. It had cooled off and there is rain in the forecast and the clouds had moved in. We wandered around trying to avoid any confrontations which we succeeded very well. Back at Quatro, we sat outside for a while listening to an Audiobook, one of Jack Ryans stories, which although a bit far-fetched is none the less, entertaining. The skies darkened over, and the first drops of rain came down. We hustled back inside just in time before it came on to rain very hard. Still, we did not care as we were all snuggled up inside in the dry. Just as I wrote this, the awning collapsed under the weight of the rain. Something else to work on when it dries out. Always something in this RV life. 

I made a bunch of phone calls to help with finding the location of the RV and then called AAA to get them the information to transfer it to where it needs to go. I received a couple more calls from the Tow Truck driver asking for more information. With this out of the way, we adjourned back inside of the RV for the evening. It continued to rain hard for most of the night. 

What a day.

Written 09/02/2022. Read my other blog at