We wandered around the park for our first walk of the day. There is rain in the forecast and the skies were grey. It did not bother us although it started to sprinkle when we got back to Quatro.  

After a quick breakfast and a check of the emails, I packed up the new computer and headed back to Walmart’s to return it as I no longer need it. I have my own one back and anyway, I did not care for it at all as it is not a bit like mine. I would bet that price has a lot to do with it as mine cost almost $1500.00 and this one was only $300.00. You get what you pay for, and I learned a valuable lesson, never to buy a cheap computer ever again. Incidentally, the reason I bought it was to keep writing in the blog as my poor memory would never remember all that transcribed for the past 8 days which is how long the original repair was scheduled to take. Luckily for me, Best Buy got it done early. 

I spent at least half of the returned money on groceries. I was shopping without a list but curbed my instincts of buying too much. Just the essentials which naturally, did include a bottle of red wine for those long lonely??? evenings. I read somewhere that a glass of red wine is a good way to stay healthy, so now I drink it instead of working out. I do not think it is working as I have very few muscles in the right places. 

On the way home, I stopped at a gas station and filled the truck. Being a truck albeit a small one, it does not get very good gas mileage. I had also bought another phone holder that fits in the cup space for the iPhone which is what I mostly use to find the way around. Incidentally, the map system is a thing of wonder and am so amazed as it tells me of hazards in road and where to go and things like that. It must be focused on my vehicle as it tells me when to turn as I approach where I am going. Marvelous technology.  

The thing I like best about it though is that it directed me to the closest Starbucks for a Latte before we drove the 8 miles back to the RV to be greeted by my two little helpers, sort of. After putting the groceries away, I settled down to play catch up on MY computer, correcting the blogs that I had written on the other “new one” and adding more pictures. At least, I know how to make things work on this one. I spent almost 4 hours writing and working on the blogs that I had written on the other computer. Everything from font size and type to the number of pictures I was able to add or in most cases, had not added. There is a lot to be said for doing the same old things, day in and day out in exactly the same way. 

I stopped by the office and exchanged a $10:00 bill for quarters as I need to do laundry tomorrow and spent time talking to the owner Gerry. I was curious about his long term residents and he mentioned which ones are permanent and that stay here through the winter. He does not take any travelling RV’s for those winter months. Hopefully, we will be back in Texas by then although our site is a designated winter site, and we could stay here if we need to. He confirmed, we are paid through the 7th of October and to let him know how much longer we will need to stay. Still waiting on word of the Jeep before I can answer that. 

 We went out walking twice more, once midafternoon and the last time, just before it got dark. This is the best time to walk as it is much cooler and the shadows are longer and easier to find. We wandered around with Sandy leading us on her very erratic journey going in every which way sometimes, all at the same time. Mikey and I are so well trained, we just follow meekly behind. I gently coax her to go in the general direction I want to go so that eventually, we end back up at the RV. 

The rest of the evening was spent in the usual way. 

Written 09/25/2022. Read my other blogs at https://pondblog2011.com 

Southgate RV Park, Fayetteville, AR Sunday Day18 09/25/2022

A pleasant stream on the side of the campground

I got up to use the bathroom and thought about staying up but quickly snuggled back under the covers along with the dogs. They had no interest in moving so why should I? Eventually, we did crawl out and followed the usual procedure of showering before greeting the day. Incidentally, the dogs are all too happy to bug me to death when I am sitting on the john as they usually get a lot of attention but when I hit the shower, they disappear to some hiding place of choice as they are not interested in showering or coming anywhere near water except to drink or maybe to check out the stream in the picture above.

We went out and wandered around for a bit. Another camper was hooking up his RV getting ready to move out so maybe, just a weekend camper. The park is pretty empty although, I imagine will fill for the next Razorback’s home game. With many kids back in school, most weekenders will be restricting the trips they take. 

I took the truck over to the washroom and started a load of wash in the single washing machine they have. That and and a dryer. There is a method of inserting the quarters needing a long pause in between each one which took me a bit to sort out. I managed to lose $1:50 in the process but eventually got it figured out and the wash started. I drove back to the RV for breakfast before going back to put the clothes in the dryer, 30 minutes later. Returning to the RV with breakfast finished, I still had time to kill before going back over as the drier, timed to take 60 minutes, which as it happened, was not long enough. Probably my fault as I had not set it on the highest dry setting. I threw everything into the bag and drove back to Quatro and distributed the clothes around the RV to finish drying. I will know better next time. 

I turned my attention to writing in the blog so that we are caught up as much as is possible. It would be great if I could write things in advance of what I want to make happen and then by magic, they turn out that way. Yeah, right. Nothing like shaping the future the way we want it. Everybody’s dream. 
I sat and wrote for a bit and then posted the most recent of the blogs along with new pictures that I had worked on relishing the ease that this computer gives me. Of course, I have been using it for several years and have it set up the way I want it. 

We went out for another walk just to stretch our legs. There is zero activity in the park, but we did see another person walking her dog. Or maybe, the dog was walking her as it wasa large dog. Back in Quatro, I sat and listened to an Audiobook for a bit and the dogs found their comfort places. Sandy is in her dog bed and Mikey is squeezed beside me on the sleeper chair, his favorite spot. 

We went out for one more quick walkabout and then headed back for the usual evening’s repast. 

Written 09/25/2022. Read my other blogs at https://pondblog2011.com