I got up really early for us, around 7:15 am, took a quick shower and then harnessed up the dogs for a walk around the park. I did not even stop for coffee and breakfast and headed out the door to find Quality Collision with the Jeep. I walked in and told the Manager what the problem was, and he and a couple of other Mechanics went to work on it for an hour or so. Finally, he walked back over to where I was sitting and explained that they had checked out everything mechanical, but they did not handle the computer re-programming and that had to be done by their other shop, the one that changed out the harness in the first place. 

After some discussion, and several phone calls to the other shop, the Manager arranged for the Jeep to be driven over there by one of his guys and told another one to give me a ride back to Quatro to wait it out. If and when it is fixed, they will deliver the Jeep back to me here at the RV Park. With the arrangements made, I got that ride back and managed to catch Gerry, the Park Superintendent just as he was getting into his car. 

I explained the situation and he told me that based on my earlier discussion with him, he had rented out the space for the game this weekend and I had until 12:00 noon tomorrow to move out. If the Jeep is not ready, he said that I can park in the field if needs be but of course, there are no services there. Hopefully, it will not come to that if I get the Jeep back today. All of this because I was too damn lazy to unhook the Jeep in the first place. Incidentally, there was almost $16,500.00 worth of damage to it… My share was $3500.00 plus the cost of the rental truck. A very expensive lesson learned. 

I harnessed up the dogs and they looked at me as if to say, “Another walk and it’s not yet afternoon”. They were happy to go regardless of the time of day. We wandered along and I let Sandy lead the way. She took us out across the field and then out through the neighborhood and back to Quatro along 71B. I had not planned on that long a walk, but it is hard to argue with the female sex. It was still morning and I settled down to catch up with the blog working on it for a couple of hours as I waited for news or even sight of the Jeep. 

A couple of hours later around 4:40 or so, I received a phone call telling me that the other shop was not able to get to it and quite literally, had no idea when they would. The guy on the other end of the phone was full of apologies and said he was hoping for tomorrow but could not promise anything. I explained that it left me in a very difficult situation as I had to move in the morning from my current site unless they can get it done tomorrow morning. I will need to talk to Gerry and see what part of the field he will let me stay in. No good looking for another campground in this Football crazed city. 

With as much information as I was going to get today, I harnessed up the dogs and we went out walking around the park just as several others were doing. With skillful maneuvering on my part, we avoided any confrontations although Sandy is ever watchful for other dogs on her patch. Altogether for the day, we managed to cover 2.5 miles. 

The rest of the evening was spent in the usual fashion. 

Written 11/09/2022. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com