Me and the dogs,went out for their morning walk as we usually do and wandered around the park.  Back in Quatro, as I was getting ready to make breakfast, the power went off. I had forgotten to turn off the electric heaters and tried to use the microwave at the same time. Everything shut down and for all of my efforts, I could not get anything working again. I checked fuses and breakers and turned on this and that but to no avail. 

I decided to go ahead and square up with Gerry for the 10 days I owed him as I was planning on pulling out in the morning. We chatted for a bit, and he was not shy in letting me know what his politics are, and Biden and the Democrats do not rank very high in his book. I thanked him for his generosity, shook hands, all the time biting my lip to stop from spoiling the moment. 

 Back in the RV there was nothing else for it but to call the travelling mechanic that Gerry had recommended to come and fix the electrical problem. I was passed from repair man to repair man and after the third attempt, a mechanic by the name of A.J, agreed to come out and take a look. 

I spent time on the blog and then took the dogs out while we were waiting, and he eventually showed up. Apparently, he was sick which is why he was available and wore a mask all the time he was working around us. After quite a bit of work which mostly involved checking this and that, he had the lights back on and power to the outlets. I paid him and thanked him profusely and he went on his way. 

I turned my attention to the RV Trip Planner and found another campsite about 100 miles south and booked it through Sunday. The plan is to stay there for 4 days pulling out on Monday as we make our way back to Henly. 

He had not been gone 20 minutes when I noticed that the refrigerator light was not on. Further inspection showed it was not working so I called A.J. and he said he would be back after taking his kid somewhere. 30 minutes later, he returned and spent a good 30 minutes trying to find the problem but to no avail. He had no answer as to what the problem might be but did say he would do some research and get back to me. He cannot make it tomorrow anyway as he must catch up on todays booking that he had foregone because of his illness. At least, he did not charge me for the second visit. 

The fridge is nearly empty although the freezer does still have some stuff in it. I was going to go grocery shopping but put it off. Good job I did. If he comes up with an answer tonight, then we will stay longer. If not, then I plan on moving and find another repair man at the next campsite. It will be difficult to keep the food fresh and I might resort to bags of ice. In the meantime, I need to eat as much out of the freezer as possible. Never a dull moment in this RV life. 

The rest of the evening was spent in the usual way. 

Written 11/17/2022. Read my other blogs at