Today, we were greeted by a thick fog a bit reminiscent of the good old days back in England where foggy weather was quite the norm. Not so much over here as usually, the sun burns it off very quickly. We wandered around as we do, and it was interesting to note that Sandy stayed out of the wet grass which is very unusual for her. That was good as her feet stayed dry. Mikey always stays on the hard surfaces as much as possible unless there is that special something that he just must investigate. 

We ate breakfast and I read the World news, which was as usual, very depressing, followed by checking emails, none of which was important. I suppose that is a good thing because at least that means nothing to worry about for a few hours at least. 

Then, I turned my attention to the blog finishing off the one from yesterday and posting it before starting today. With that out of the way, I had already decided to go to Austin as I had some business with my bank that I wanted to attend to. I made a grocery list to take with me as I planned to stop at Walmart’s along the way. 

The drive-in was foggy the entire way and much to my surprise, the traffic behaved itself and everyone was aware of the hazardous conditions and limited visibility. I headed for my bank and in no time flat had conducted my business. From there, it was a short drive to the closest Walmart’s on Brodie Lane where I spent a good 45 minutes wandering around. I found everything that was on my list and as a bonus, did not add to it by buying anything else that caught my eye. 

I drove back onto Brodie Lane and headed south until I reached the Starbucks in my old stomping grounds, buying the usual Latte and treating myself to a piece of Banana Walnut and Pecan Loaf at the same time. Why not? The rest of the drive back to Henly was uneventful plus most of the fog had blown away making for much easier driving. 

I arrived back to Quatro to be met by my little dogs who were ready to help to put the groceries away. Instead of doing that as we usually do, I only put stuff that needed it in the Freezer and Refrigerator and left the rest to put away later. 

We harnessed up with much excitement and jumping around from Mikey and Sandy running back and forth and sticking her butt in Mikeys face which is her way to push him away. We eventually got things sorted and went out for a short walk. On the way, we ran into both Malinda and Daniel, and she informed us that she just got news that there is a young armed and dangerous man on the loose in the neighborhood and to be aware. Hope they catch him and nothing bad comes of it. 

Back in Quatro, I grabbed a glass of wine and then settled down to play catchup with today’s goings on before the evening meal and then TV. Incidentally, I put my own pistol close at hand, just in case someone comes knocking on my door in the middle of the night. I am a legally registered handgun owner in Texas. 
Written December 12, 2022. Read my other blog at  

The Diary of an Old Man and an RV. Henly RV Park, Dripping Springs, TX Day 13, Tuesday 12/13/2022

It was late when I awoke, and I crawled out of bed and took a quick shower. What am I saying as all of my showers are quick, or I might run out of hot water and must finish rinsing off with freezing cold water. OK in the summer but this time of the year??? 

We went out walking and just wandered around, not really trying for any distance but more for the dogs to do their thing. We got through the night without anyone knocking on my door, but I have no idea if the shooter is still at large. Later, I ran Into Melinda, and she said that the shooter had been apprehended. 

Following breakfast, I did the usual thing of reading the World News followed by working on the blog, posting the latest one to keep us up to date. I then spent another hour searching the RV and the Jeep for the missing glasses to no avail. Looks like I will need to buy new frames. 

As it happened, I had an appointment with my eye doctor later that afternoon, hence the flurry of searching activity. I left in plenty of time telling the dogs I would not be gone long although of course, they did not understand a word I was saying and took the uneventful drive into Oak Hill. I have been seeing Dr Tybor, my Optometrist for more than 30 years and have watched him grow old along with me. 

I was early and spent time looking at frames trying to make up my mind which ones I would get when the time came. I will not get the same ones as I got before which were actually frameless as I noticed that they fogged up much easier because of the lack of a frame on the bottom of the lenses. They sure looked good though. 

I spent the next hour looking at charts and all of the other things that the Doctors use in their evaluation and by the time we were through, it was after 5:00 pm and the Office staff had left. As it happens, the Doctor wants me to come back in a couple of weeks anyway so I will choose the new frames then. In the meantime, I will make do with what I have. 

I stopped at Starbucks and bought my usual Latte to drink on the drive home. By now, it was getting dark, and I opted to drive back on Hwy 290. It has a lot more traffic, but it also has white lines on the curb side to help with the night time driving, plus a dual highway of four lane traffic making it easier to avoid the glare of the oncoming headlights which bother me. That is why, I only drive at night out of necessity. 

I arrived back safe and sound and harnessed up to go out for a short walk with my two excited little buddies. We wandered around the campground which, incidentally, looks so much different at night. There are a few RV’s that had decorated for Christmas with displays, lights and blow up figures and they showed off their true colors at night. 

Back in Quatro, it was the usual evening spent in food and entertainment. All in all, a good day with one appointment out of the way and three to go, four if you count having the Jeep repaired. 

Written December 13, 2022. Read my other blog at