I got up early after another restless night, mostly worrying about the collision with both RV’s and the consequences of doing so. It was not until the early hours of the morning that I managed to drop off to sleep and even then, awoke early, for me. It was still dark out and I rolled over just lying there and thinking about stuff. The body might have been relaxed but the mind was far from it. 

I must have dropped off because the next thing, it was 7:30 am which is early, but I got up anyway. We harnessed up and wandered around and ran into Daniel who mentioned he had things to talk about and, “Meet you at your RV in ten.” He arrived and we sat outside and discussed the RV sale for a bit which will be going ahead as soon as we get the damage sorted out. He and Malinda are really excited about buying it. They plan to sell their rig and have talked to me about their deck which is metal and collapsible. 

I was back inside of The Caboose working on contacting the insurance company regarding the damage to the RV’s and had just finished when Malinda, knocked on the door to discuss just that subject. I was able to give her the information that I had enough to get started. 

With Daniels deck offer in mind, I did some research on it and then ran into a problem. His unit is meant to be collapsible and has additional cross ties to help make it operate which effectively stops me from storing anything underneath of it as I plan to do. So, it is back to the original plan of the deck, and everything hinges around the owner’s giving permission and approval for the go ahead. We will know on Monday when they return from their trip. 

I had no idea where the day went as the next thing, when I looked at the clock, it read 4:00 pm and I took some time to catch up with the blog. Then we went out for a walk just wandering enjoying the sunshine for me and the smells for the dogs and tried to put the RV thoughts out of my mind. Hard to do when the rig is in the lower end of the park and in full view and we are walking right past it. 

Incidentally, Malinda and Daniel still want Quatro even with the new scratches which will be covered by the insurance. 

Written 04/12/2023 Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com  

The Adventures of an Old Man and an RV. Henly RV Park, Henly, TX. Thursday 04/13/2023

The first walk of the day around the park and in the outside lane was uneventful as they usually are. We met a couple of other dogs walking their owners on the way but luckily, everything was restricted to a few barks which was quickly overcome when the other dog owner made a fuss of my dogs. Funny what a bit of attention will do. I, of course, was doing the same thing to the other person’s dog. 

There is nothing better for clearing the brain of unwanted thoughts than to go outside and work in the yard. I do not have a big “Yard” except for the area that had been previously planted by Daniel and Malinda when they were at this site. I have planted a whole bunch of flowers and shrubs and the important thing is hoping that the deer stay away from them. Good luck with that as they have already been working on one of the plants. 

Daniel suggested buying some mouse traps and placing them throughout the garden obviously not to catch the deer but to frighten them when they snap as they go off.  

I drove into town to The Home Depot and found what I wanted along with a curved section of the metal edging I was planning to install. I already had the rest of the edging but was just missing the 90-degree part. These parts happened to be in the gardening section, and I spotted another plant that I just had to have. Luckily, I did restrict myself to just one plant. 

Back in the RV, we went to work or rather I worked, and the dogs watched as I connected the parts together and then dug them into the ground to the elevation I wanted. I edged the entire one side with its bends and curves. 

When we came to the last piece, it required cutting and I did not have the necessary tools for this and with the dogs, I wandered around to find Daniel who I knew would have just what was required. Both Malinda and Daniel came over for him to pick up the leveling blocks and other similar things that I will no longer need and am happy to pass along. This included the new tow bars of which I have no further use. Daniel cut the edging to the required size and as I watched, Malinda installed it. Apart from being extremely helpful, I think she just wanted to be a part of what was originally her garden. 

Between them, they cut the piece of edging to the required length and helped to hammer in the stakes and then went on their way. I went to work with my shovel and dug enough dirt to set the edging at the proper height, completed the installation and cleaned up the surplus dirt and the job was done. 

We were sitting outside after yet another short walk, drinking a beer and listening to an Audiobook and Daniel invited me over to his place. I put the dogs inside and wandered over and between us and then Keri, when she arrived, went about solving the world’s problems. The ladies left and after finishing the beer I had, I too went back to The Caboose to spend the evening in the usual fashion. Incidentally, I think I drank one too many beers as I was quite lightheaded as I staggered back to my RV. 

Quite a busy and eventful day. 

Written 04/13/2023 Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com