In the park across the road from us. although we have not seen them in a while.

Having decided that I needed to change my lazy habits, I set the alarm for 7:00 am and actually got up when it went off. It was quite a bit cooler outside as I tied the dogs up to the table so they could watch as I brought out the bird feeders. With that done and after I had finished watering the flowers that are on the RV steps, we went out walking. 

There was quite a bit of shade and a nice breeze blowing as we went out for that first walk. Because it was so comfortable as compared to what it will be like later, we wandered around and managed to cover a mile. There is something to be said for getting up early. 

Back in the RV, I fixed us breakfast which neither dog paid any attention to. I scratched around to find something tasty for myself and ended up with Taquitos, five of them. Incidentally, the pill pouches are not working as Sandy turns her nose up at them. I must come up with a different idea to get her to take those darn pills. 

I turned my attention to the blog after reading the World News just to stay informed. As I wrote, one of the RVs in the temporary slots was getting ready to move on. The owner appeared to be on his own, so I walked over to act as a spotter for him as he hitched the truck to the RV. He thanked me and I wished him a safe journey and went back to The Caboose. 

Again, we have nothing planned for the day except to try to stay cool, which is easy to do inside of the RV. The current heat wave has moved on and the temperature has dropped to 98 degrees. Not much of a drop but every little bit helps. 

We did a lot of sitting around doing a lot of nothing. The dogs were in heaven as they sat one on each side and zonked off. I closed my eyes for a bit but did not go to sleep, just sat there and contemplated the ways of the world. I had a few household chores to take care of and did them and the harnessed up the dogs for another walk. 

There was a nice breeze and it was almost bearable outside so when we got back, we listened to an Audiobook sitting up on the deck. Before long Daniel came over bringing two beers with offering one of them to me. We sat up on the new deck and then Malinda joined us along with Remington. My dogs and Remi get along just fine but Remi and Malinda were sitting at the table while Daniel and I were up on the deck along with my dogs. 

We sat and chatted for a while just passing the time and then they both went back to their RV. We went out for another walkabout and managed to cover almost 2 miles for the day which, considering just how hot it is, was pretty good. 

When we got back, we sat outside again listening to the Audiobook until it started to get dark. Then, I brought in the bird feeders, sprayed the plants with deer repellant and called it a day. 

Written 06/29/2023. Read my other blog at

An Old Man and an RV. Henly RV Park,TX. Friday 06/30/2023

Last day of the month…again. Like I have said many times before, I have no idea where the time goes as it is just flying by. I had set the alarm and when it went off at 7:00 am, I seriously thought of ignoring it but managed to force myself out of bed. There is a lot more day when I get up early and yesterday, I found myself with time on my hands. 

There were several people over by the Breakroom sitting and talking and drinking coffee, but we made our first stop at the dumpster as I had two bags of garbage to dispose of. Then, we wandered back and made a fuss of Remington after saying good morning to Gary and Daniel. Later, Malinda joined us, and we sat and chatted for a while. 

The party broke up when Gary left to go about his daily business and the other two went about their park business. We wandered around both inside and on the outside roads and managed to cover a little over a mile. A good start to the day. We stopped by the office where Daniel and Jeff were working on installing the new mailboxes.  

It will not be long before we have a Henly address. Then will come the process of notifying whoever needs to be told that we have a new permanent address. At least, that will save having to drive to Far West Blvd in Austin to pick up my mail. While I am in the process of getting the new mailing address, I will need to keep that Mailbox open for a while longer. 

Back in the RV, I tried to convince Sandy she needed to take her pill which by now was all mashed up in tiny pieces after multiple attempts to disguise it and being ignored every time. The hardest job is keeping Mikey from eating whatever I have concocted in my feeble attempts at fooling Sandy. 

I was sitting in front of the computer writing the blog and noticed that I had forgotten to put out the bird feeders and quickly rectified the matter. It’s not like the birds do not have any seed as there is always plenty under the hangers that the birds spill on the ground. They just have to work a bit harder to find it. 

The rest of the day was spent in the usual way. We did a lot of sitting around either listening to an Audiobook or with my eyes closed but not asleep. I am always accompanied with a dog on each side when I just sit and contemplate. 

We went out for another walk later in the day and managed to cover almost 2 miles. Pretty good considering how hot it is outside. The heat really bothers Sandy, and she will sometimes find some shade and just flop down. What I find unusual is that both of them prefer to walk on the blacktop rather than on the grass. It could be because of all the cockaburs they pick up off the grass which are painful to even pull out let alone walk on. 

The rest of the evening was spent in the usual fashion. We sat outside listening to an Audiobook waving or chatting with our neighbors as they drove or walked by and then finally went inside for the usual evening meal and relaxation. 

Written 06/30/2023. Read my other blog at