I am getting tuned in to this getting up early thingy. Today, I was awake before the alarm went off and almost jumped out of bed full of energy and get up and go. Almost….I did get up but the “go” part was lacking. Still, we went out for the usual early morning routines of getting out the bird feeders, filling them as necessary before going on that first walk, which generally means heading for the dumpster with today’s offerings. Then we circled the washrooms and Daniels workshop for the dogs to do their thing before ending up in front of the Breakroom where one or the other of my friends had a cup of coffee waiting for me.

I let the dogs go when we were within about 20 yards or so and they both raced over to Daniel or Gary and sometimes Remi and Malinda if they are there just to say “Good Morning” and get some attention. We chatted long enough for me to finish my coffee and then we all went our separate ways.

We continued on with our walk, choosing to walk Henly Loop towards the residential area and managing to cover 1.7 miles. Back in the RV, I had a couple of chores like putting in a load of laundry and such before fixing breakfast which was a big disappointment. I really got to find something more appetizing and thought a bacon sandwich would do the trick. It didn’t. 

I followed this up with the daily, “Trick Sandy in taking her pill” routine. I have tried everything including the pill pockets, breaking up the pills and mixing them in something tasty, mixing them in her food and on and on but to no avail. Yesterday evening, I forgot to pick up her bowl off the floor with the remains of her food including the pill still in it and discovered it was covered in tiny ants. Another pill wasted. 

It started to rain and this time I was ready for it as I had been keeping an eye on the weather. I brought both folding chairs inside, so they stayed dry. We really needed the rain but unfortunately, it did not last very long. Things were very quiet, and I did not have anything pressing. I sat indoors on the couch just relaxing and the next thing I knew, I was asleep. I dozed for a couple of hours before waking up enough to realize that it was time to take the dogs walking again. 

We wandered around and managed to cover 2.2 miles for the day before returning to listen to an Audiobook sitting outside. The story came to an end, and I took that as a cue to go back indoors for the usual evening meal and entertainment. 

Written 07/07/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com 

An Old Man and an RV. Henly RV Park,TX. Saturday 07/08/2023

I was awake and waiting for the alarm to go off. I could have got up before it did but just lazed around. It was like the alarm is the official notification to get out of bed. I harnessed up the dogs and they had to be content watching from the deck as I rehung the bird feeders.

Then we went out for that first walk of the day. We kept wandering around and dropped off our daily offering of garbage in the trash container and then hit the outside lane and the bottom road.  One other camper, an older lady, was also out walking on her own. When she passed us for the second time, I asked her how far she walked in a day. Her response puts me to shame as she covers at least 3 miles a day.

I could probably cover more distance if I wasn’t walking the dogs as they are not in it for speed or distance. In their case, it is all about smells. Besides, I am not in a hurry to get anywhere either. I just need some exercise as do the dogs. 

Back in the RV, I fixed me some breakfast and tried to get Sandy to take her pill, to no avail and then settled down to write the blog. I got to thinking that there were a couple of things that I needed to buy from Walmart’s including Ant Killer as I have been invaded by a swarm of tiny little ants. I have not been stung by them and have no idea even if they are stingers but even so, who wants hundreds of tiny ants on the countertop. I had already bought the tiny ant traps, but they must be full up as they are not working.

 I had other things that I needed so I would not be going in just for the ant traps. The drive in was uneventful and I made good time. I walked around the store twice looking for and eventually finding the things that I needed. I drove back the back way and stopped for an iced Latte to drink on the way home making good time as the traffic was light. 

I arrived back in Henly and got the usual help as I unloaded the car plus an affectionate greeting from both dogs. Mikey especially is always pleased to see me, and he jumps up and down in his excitement. They “helped” to put the groceries away and then we went out for another walk. It was very hot outside although a couple of degrees cooler than the previous few days. We wandered around on the outside Loop this time heading towards Hwy 290. There was some shade but intermittent and we spent some time in the sun.

When we got back to the RV, I grabbed a small bottle of wine and my little speaker, and we sat outside and listened to an Audiobook for a couple of hours. We went out for another walk and ran into Miss Peggy, who Remington was taking out for a walk. She was dog sitting this weekend with Malinda and Daniel away. The three dogs got along just fine and there was a lot of communal butt sniffing and such. She and Remi went back to her RV, and we continued wandering around before we returned back to The Caboose for the usual evening meal and entertainment. 

Written 07/08/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com