One of the Zebra’s. His mate is out of the picture.

Even with the late night/early morning of a few hours ago, and although I was sorely tempted, I reluctantly got out of bed and prepared to face another new day. The girls, who had Remington and Gary were already in the Breakroom when we went out, so we wandered over and sat and chatted for a while. Then Malinda and Daniel pulled in having just returned from their trip and walked over to join us. We sat and listened to their exploits with their Jet skis which they had bought and used all weekend and heard that they had a wonderful time.

We chatted for a while and then they both jumped up saying it was time to go to work. That was the signal for us all to go about our business. We walked around the park with me doing my best to push Sandy in the direction I wanted to go and not always with any success. She can be a stubborn little girl when she gets a particularly good smell that she just must explore. 

We headed back to the RV to the usual breakfast for me and for Sandy. This time, I managed to get her to eat her pill so maybe we have found out a combination that interests her. Mikey has hard food for his breakfast and is quite happy with it. I played catch up with the blog although I was only a half day behind and ate breakfast that again, was not that appetizing. I drank Grapefruit juice as I had already had a coffee when we were chatting at our early morning gathering. 

We sat around listening to an Audiobook. I tried to sit outside but it was way too hot for that, so we adjourned back indoors to sit on the couch. Later on, we went out one more time to stroll around the park but as it does not cool down until the middle of the night, it was not very comfortable. Sandy dictates how far and how long we stay out and when I see her struggling, we head back to the Caboose. 

The rest of the evening was spent in the usual way. 

Written 07/10/2023. Read my other blog at

An Old Man and an RV. Henly RV Park,TX. Tuesday 07/11/2023

Seen on our walkabouts.

I awoke before the alarm, but I did not have the energy to jump out of bed. Instead, I rolled over and went back to sleep finally waking up around 9:30 am. Even then, I did not get up and when I looked out of the window across to the Break Room, I did not see any of my friend’s drinking coffee.

Of course, they would not be there because at that time, they were long gone doing their daily thing. For some reason, I was sore all over, feeling like I had gone ten rounds with the heavyweight champion of the world. I ached and groaned every time I moved and have no idea why.

I eventually crawled out of bed and felt a little better for moving around. I took the dogs out walking but it was already hot out and they did not want to go very far. This suited me down to the ground as I was too sore to walk. We headed back to the RV, and I fixed Sandy’s special dish in the hope of tricking her again. It worked yesterday… 

Daniel sent me a message telling me to come over for coffee in the breakroom. We were the only ones there and my coffee was waiting for me as I sat down. We sat and chatted for almost two hours talking about every conceivable subject under the sun before Daniel mentioned that he really should go to work.

That was the signal for us to get up, collect the garbage and head our separate ways, Daniel to the dumpster and me back inside of my RV. After making a fuss of my two little friends, I harnessed them up on the off chance, they might have to “go”. We did not wander very far and tried to stay in the shade as much as possible.

t was very hot outside and neither I nor the dogs wanted to be out in the heat.  Back in the RV, I sat and wrote the blog after completing and posting yesterday and then looked around for other things to do. I cleaned up the RV although it is not really dirty, but it gave me something to do. I made the bed and tidied the bedroom although it was not really that untidy but again, it gave me something to do. 

There is not a lot to get up to in an RV. I write the blog every day and try to stay caught up mostly because my memory is so bad that I have a hard time recalling what happened yesterday. As for anything two days ago, absolutely hopeless.  

The dogs spend most of their time sleeping unless I go to the bathroom then they are both instantly awake and right on my heels looking for me to make a fuss of them. They have figured out that if I am sitting on the john, I am captured with no escape from their request for attention. 

I tried to take a nap but to no avail as I could not drop off to sleep. I gave up on that idea and instead, turned on the television and watched a movie.

After it was over, it was late enough for us to go out walking. It had not cooled down at all, so we did not spend too much time outside. Back inside the RV, I sat and listened to an Audiobook until it was time for that final walk of the day.  It had cooled off a little, but we still did not stay out very long, glad to be back inside in the A/C.

The rest of the evening was spent in the usual fashion. 

Written 07/11/2023. Read my other blog at