I got up at a somewhat reasonable hour for us and we went out for the usual morning walk about. It was already pretty hot out and it’s going to be another very hot day.  

We walked around the park and then settled back indoors for the usual coffee and breakfast. Except, this time we never got around to it. Instead, I loaded up the two computers into the car and made sure that I had all the stuff I needed and drove into Austin to the nearest Best Buy. 

I got lucky as there was nobody at the counter. Usually there’s a line unless you call ahead and make an appointment you’re stuck at the end of that line. I had not called ahead but like I said, I got lucky as there was nobody else around. 

The salesperson took all my information and after a lot of filling out forms and such, took both of the computers .  He carefully looked at the new one that I had already bought and was returning and gave me a full refund on it. Then he suggested that I go find another computer and told me what brand I needed to buy that would be compatible and I wandered over to the computer section. 

I was met there by a salesman who just happened to work for Hewlett Packard, the company that he said I should buy. He showed me one and it looked OK to me but then again so did the last one that I bought and I just returned. I took it back to the repair section and the same salesman worked with me on getting everything checked in. He told me that the new computer should be ready by next Tuesday. 

I thanked him and then went on my way back home, pleased that things had worked out well. The drive home was uneventful and I thought about stopping at Starbucks for coffee and decided against it. 

Back at the RV, I was met by my two little buddies who were ready to go walkies which we did for a short walk around the grounds. It was pretty hot out so we did not stay out long and quickly adjourned back inside The Caboose. 

It occurred to me after I’d eaten breakfast or rather lunch, that I would not have a computer for the next few days. I need to keep up with the blog on a daily basis as my memory is so bad I hardly remember what day it is. I have it’s a small tablet that have not used very much plus the Samsung phone which also has recording capabilities. That got me thinking and I started messing around with it and managed to get it to record the blog. Now I don’t feel quite so bad as at least I can record Stuff  even if I can’t post it until I get the computers back, supposedly next Tuesday. Four days time. 

By then, it was already 4:00 and another day had flown by. We harnessed up the dogs and went out walking although it was still pretty hot out outside. The rest of the evening was spent in the usual way, listening to the audio book drinking a bottle of beer and generally relaxing.

Written 9/22/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com

An Old Man and an RV. Henly RV Park, TX. Thursday 09/21/2023

I got up at a very reasonable hour probably because I was worrying about the things going on that I was trying to fix. As we usually do, I harnessed up the dogs and we went outside to work on the bird feeders. Well let’s say we went outside and I worked on the bird feeders. Then we went walking around the park. 

We ran into Daniel who had been sitting over the Common’s area with somebody I didn’t recognize. We chatted for a little bit and then then he went on his way as we did. We wandered around and hit the outside road known as Henley Loop, and walked all the way down to the very large oak tree. I thought that it was at least 1/2 mile to that tree but according to my trusty phone, it was only eight tenths of a mile there and back. Quite obviously, I am not a good judge of distance.  

Back at the RV, I fixed breakfast of a bacon sandwich for me and then I crushed up Sandys medication and covered it with ice cream. I had a flash of brilliance while I was trying to think of how to give her medicine and making sure she eats it. Then I remember how much she likes ice cream and at least this morning, she ate the pill. Maybe I gotta do this everyday. 

Following breakfast I glanced at the spot where normally the computer sits and remember that was I was having work done and I wouldn’t have it for a few days. So, I went back to my the phone and after a lot of fiddling around, managed to get it’s too listen to me as I spokeand recording the Blog. 

I dictated the morning as far as it had gone and hoped that I could get it to work again when I need it to. I have no plans for today except maybe just throw in a load of laundry. Taking that as a cue, I did just that and we now have a load of laundry doing its thing. 

I went outside and did some work on the the bird hangers as they did not look very secure to me. I had used two pieces of 2×2 to hang the big feeders and I changed that out to 2 x 4 and it’s now much more secure. The feeders when they are full have quite a bit of weight and the two boards that I have just changed will take care of that. I also did some work on the gate to the deck as it was not latching properly. With the outside projects taken complete, I went back inside. I will be glad to get a computer back so I have something to work on.

We really did not do very much except to manage the laundry and write the blog. Incidentally, the blog is temporarily getting written on my phone until I get my computer back.

I got an invitation from the girls to go over to the break room so that I could enjoy more food. I wandered over and both BJ and Peggy where there. We sat and chatted for a while and then Melinda, Daniel and the Grandkids came in followed by Dolores. We sat and enjoyed food provided by the girls who in turn had got it from their workplace where they had a party today. The food was really tasty and of course the company is just incredible. 

I watched as several of them played a game of cards called Uno including two of Malinda’s Grandkids, Madi, and Landon. The other Grandkid, Wyatt, watched TV. I got the biggest kick watching them play, especially Madi who is a child well beyond her years.

I only drank one beer at least until I got back to my RV. Then I got me another one and sat on the outside deck listening to an audio book. We sat there for a while and then went back inside to shut up shop for the evening. 

Written 9/22/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com