I got up feeling pretty good considering that I had drunk a lot of beer last evening. The deer had emptied the feeders while I had been at the girls RV last evening and so I took the time to fill them before we went out for that first walk. I was in a bit of a hurry as we had plans to go to Wimberley to the Market that is held there. 

At about 9:15, BJ pulled up outside my RV and I hurried out and I jumped in feeling a bit guilty about deserting the dogs for all day. Definitely, not what they are used to. The drive in was uneventful and we arrived at the Market, which incidentally, is huge with over 400 booths, and started to wander around. 

After a couple of hours, we found a place that had live music and sat listening for a while. Peggy dragged me out onto the dance floor, and I was saved by the music ending from having to dance. Not that I mind making a fool of myself. I can do that as well as the next man. 

We left the dance hall and went back to wandering around the market going from booth to booth and not covering the same one twice. Even then, we probably only visited about half of the booths. The place is humongous.

We jumped back into the car for the drive home only this time, we stopped at The Boil Shack to eat. I chose chicken along with French fries which was very good. I could only eat three pieces of the chicken and Daniel helped me out with the rest. 

We finally arrived back at the campground about 6:30 pm after a busy but fun day. I went out walking playing catchup with the dogs who had given me a wonderful welcome when I got home.

I truly am lucky to have such nice and somewhat crazy friends who do a lot of “stuff”.

Written 10/07/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com  

An Old Man and an RV. Henly RV Park, TX. Sunday 10/08/2023

I heard someone beating on the door which woke me up. I got out of bed and walked over to the door to see who it might be and discovered it was Peggy. I waved at her through the glass door forgetting that I did not have any clothes on and only remembering when I saw the look on her face as she covered her eyes. I am sure seeing a naked 87-year-old, with the emphasis on old, was quite a shock to her system.  

She recovered enough to mouth, “Breakfast in the breakroom” as she scampered back down the steps. I showered, shaved and dressed and harnessed up the dogs and we went out for a quick walkabout. Then, I put them back inside the RV and went over to the Breakroom where the usual crowd was gathered plus a few extras. These included Delores and the couple, Jim and Debbie and their daughter, Erica, that came with us to Wimberley. Gary was also back in town and joined us. We sat and ate breakfast and as usual, there was a lot of food. I finally finished my plate and sat back to enjoy the coffee and listen to the conversation, most of which was funny. 

I took the dogs out walking and we managed to cover 1.2 miles for the first walk of the day. Back in the RV, I put in a load of laundry and then prepared the food for the dogs before settling down in front of the computer. Luckily, I was all caught up as I had spent time last evening working on the blog. 

I was sitting on the deck and saw that Daniel was working on his rig. I wandered over to see if I could help and discovered he was trimming the trees around and over his RV. A lot of it was very high up and required a 15ft step ladder plus an extension on his pole saw. Malinda was helping him, so I jumped in by dragging the cut branches away to a separate pile out of the way. He eventually got everything cut and I had it all cleaned up and about that time, Delores and the girls showed up heading for the pool. 

Malinda quickly changed into her swimsuit and was gone in no time flat. Daniel and I sat by the RV drinking a beer or two before we decided to join everybody. I went back to my RV and changed into swimwear as did Daniel and then we hopped on his four-wheeler for the short trip. 

I would like to say that I jumped in the pool as well but jumped is not the right word. The pool is still lacking a handrail by the steps, and I needed someone or something to hang onto which Gary provided. Once in the pool, I swam around for a bit to get warm as the water was pretty cold. I stayed there and complained the entire time much to everybody else’s amusement. 

Finally, we had had enough of the swimming, and we sat in a group chattering about a lot of nothing before eventually heading back to get dressed. We were still not done as one by one; we gathered back in the Breakroom to eat what was left of the morning’s breakfast before eventually all heading back to our individual RV’s. 

These really are a fun bunch of people to hang around with and I am lucky they let me into the group. 

Written 10/08/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com