I went to take a shower and discovered that I did not have any hot water. Something had broken in the system. I quickly dried off my legs as they were the only thing that had gotten wet with the cold-water shower and put on some clothes. 

We went out for the first walk of the day and managed to cover 1.1 miles making for a good start. Weatherwise, it was much cooler and very pleasant walking. I was having problems with my left glutinous maximus which was both sore and painful to walk. The dogs had absolutely no sympathy whatsoever and Sandy kept barreling along as fast as her little legs would carry her dragging me and Mikey along behind. 

Back in the RV, I was sitting outside, and Daniel pulled up to chat. He invited me over to the Commons to eat some of last evening’s leftovers.  I told him that I too was having hot water problems, and after we finished eating, he immediately took a look. He managed to get the gas heater working but was unable to do the same for the electric side of things. He called James, the RV Mechanic and between them, they did some long-distance diagnosing.  

As it happened, James was coming into the park later that day. Daniel, in the meantime, went about doing as much checking as he could and spent several hours working on the electric hot water heater. He managed to get it working on the propane side but not on the electric side. 

After a lot of testing and checking, he and James diagnosed the problem and Daniel went online and ordered the part and hopefully, it will be here tomorrow. He is such a helpful fellow, and he puts it down to learning as much as he can about the repair side of RV’s. But quite honestly, it is in his nature to be a very helpful guy. James, the Repair Mechanic, was also very helpful in diagnosing the problem. 

It took most of the afternoon to find what to repair and around 3:00 pm, he went back to his regular duties after having to play catchup because of his helping me. 

I straightened things up to make the RV a little tidier than it was after Daniel had breezed through and then turned my attention to the blog with plenty to write about. Incidentally, it was a very cloudy day and a bit on the chilly side compared to last week. Typical Texas weather. 

Trying to fix the water problem in the RV had taken up most of the afternoon and we went out for another walk around the park. We wandered as we usually do and managed to cover almost 2 miles for the day. I was having trouble with my glutes on the left side, and it was painful to walk. 

The day ended in the usual way. 

Written 10/09/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com 

An Old Man and an RV. Henly RV Park, TX. Wednesday 10/11/2023

The day started as it usually does first by harnessing up the dogs and then bringing out the bird feeders. Then, we went walking to the dumpster which is usually our first stop. Somehow, even with just me and two little dogs, we generate a plastic shopping bag full of trash every day. Sandy decides which way we are going to walk and me and Mikey follow meekly along behind. We covered a mile for the morning walk, which is always a good thing, and we did this by taking Henly Loop towards Hwy 290 plus the walk around the park. 

It is much nicer walking nowadays as it has cooled down quite a bit. 

Daniel stopped by and asked me to join him as he had some clearing to do and knows that at least I can still do that. He drove his 4×4 around to several different spots and we loaded it with downed branches and such and then drove it back to the very large trash pile for later disbursement. 

By then, it was coffee time and we adjourned to the Breakroom to consume some. We sat there for probably 30 minutes before Daniel went back to work and I went back to my RV with my small contribution done for the day. 

I sat and worked on the blog bringing it up to date and then looked around for other things to get up to. I thought about throwing in a load of laundry but when I looked, I really did not have enough for a load. I put that idea to one side and then looked around for other things to do. 

We went out for another walk which is one of the things we can always do when things are slow. The dogs never say no to walking and it is good for me too. 

Finally, I went outside with a small bottle of wine and listened to an Audiobook until it started to get dark. One more quick walk, bring in the bird feeders and we were done outside for the day. 

Back indoors, it was mealtime all around and then the usual watching the English Premier League. I even went to bed early as I felt tired enough to sleep. 

Written 10/11/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com