I got up early and took a shower as I had remembered to turn on the hot water heater. Then I got dressed quickly and got the dogs outside, I stuck my head out of the door and Daniel stepped out of the Breakroom and hollered at me to come over for breakfast. I hollered back that I needed to walk the dogs and would be over shortly which is what I did. 

There were a lot of people in the breakroom including the owner’s wife, Sarah, all sitting around enjoying the goodies and drinking coffee. I sat and chatted but for some reason, my hearing aids were not helping much even after I adjusted them. The problem was that the sound was reverberating around the large room and I could not get them focused. 

I gave up and walked back to the RV to be greeted by my dogs as though I had been away half a lifetime. Sure is nice to have someone that loves you but does not tell you what to do or how to spend your money. 

I worked on the blog and caught us up to date and looked around for other things to do. I decided that I should go into town and do some grocery shopping plus a trip to the Home Depot for a couple of items. I wandered around both stores and found everything I had on my list including my contribution of beer for the group. 

I stopped at Starbucks, and this was the first time in a while as I have not been drinking much coffee lately and then drove back to Henly. I had toyed with the idea of getting a haircut but decided against it for another day. Back at the RV, I put the groceries away helped by you know who. 

We sat around and I wrote in the blog and then we went out for a short walk as it was starting to get dark. I can’t get used to this time change thingy and it gets dark around 5:00 pm. No wonder I have started to go to bed early. Not getting up any earlier though. 

We went out walking one more time and this time, found ourselves over at Malinda and Daniels RV where we sat and drank a couple of beers before heading back to The Caboose.  

Then it was dinnertime for the three of us except we did not eat the same food as I did not fancy eating canned dog food. The rest of the evening was spent watching a couple of soccer games before heading off to bed at around 9:30 pm. Totally unheard of. 

Written 11/13/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com  

An Old Man and an RV. Henly RV Park, TX. Tuesday 11/14/2023

I got up at a reasonable hour because I wanted to get a haircut and an oil change for the car. I wasn’t sure what sort of luck getting a reservation for either of them would be or if it is anything like my last few attempts have been, it was going to be a rough ride. Maybe I should get an oil change for me and a haircut for the car to see if that works better. 

I got on the phone and found the number for Great Clips here in Dripping Springs and as usual, there was an hour and a half wait for the next opening. I took the slot as there was nothing else, I could do and then tried to find a place to get an Oil change for the Jeep. I did not have any luck on this one either as their list was a mile long and I had to synchronize it with the haircut.  

I was still nowhere close to the haircut as the numbers took forever to count downwards, so I drove to the closest Firestone Store at Nutty Brown and managed to secure a date for Thursday at 10:00 am. Then it was back into Dripping Springs as it was getting closer to the haircut time. 

Eventually, I sat down in the chair and this pretty young thing started working on my hair. In 10 minutes, she was finished, and I paid her and walked out of there. At least, I got something done hair wise and the pretty young thing was refreshing…Did I mention that she had a low-cut blouse on and was very well endowed? 

I drove back to the campgrounds and took the dogs out walking just around the park before adjourning back inside of the RV to write the blog. With that up to date I worked on the computer as I was having problems getting it to boot up into a certain program. I eventually got it worked out after a couple of hours of trying and we went out for the final walk of the day. We managed to walk 2.9 miles, which was pretty good. 

When we got back, we sat outside listening to an Audiobook and drinking wine until it got too dark and then I brought in the bird feeders and shut up shop for the day. 

Written 11/15/2023. Read my other blog at https://pondblog2011.com